Thursday, February 12, 2009

Me on Me

The weather has been really weird here lately. School was canceled on Monday and Tuesday after an ice storm was predicted. The outlook was grim, and the weather guys kept referencing the last major ice storm we had, when we lost power for several days. It was nice and warm, for February, which was nice. We had a lot of melting, both due to temperature and rain. And the storm never really happened, which was nice, too.



This is a photo of the Rhinosaur River. It is the "river" that runs through our front yard. I named it that when I was 3 years old. Except that I lived next door, with my parents, and the river went through my back yard then. In case you don't already know, we built next door to my parents in June 2000. And as weird as that might sound to some people, it is actually quite nice. Since I have small children, I haven't put much into my yard. But we can tromp next door and sit in my parents' gazebo in the middle of their lush, gorgeous gardens any time we want. We can enjoy their ponds, their playhouse, their swimming pool, and the fruits and vegetables of their labors. And it is very nice.

So about the Rhinosaur: it normally stays frozen until April. To see its root beer waters meandering through the woods in February is kind of cool. The first year we lived here, we didn't realize the power of the Rhinsaur. As a result, we almost lost our driveway, despite our four-foot tall culvert. Scary! Now, every spring, Kevin heads out to the river with some tools and cuts a channel in the ice so the water can flow through to the other side. It is crazy that he had to do this so early! And today? It is cold again. In fact, it is snowing. And everything is windy, gray and frigid again. Except that winter sports are now impossible as the ski trails are all full of ruts, the ice rinks are totally lumpy and bumpy, and the snow is too rotten to sled on. So I have mixed feelings about all of this.

So a week or so ago, Finny of Finny Knits posted her responses to interview questions and asked if anyone wanted to be interviewed by her. And apparently I was in the mood to talk all about myself, so I offered myself up.

I am going to preface this by saying that one of the rules is that you can't edit the questions.

1.
If you could undo one shitty (or otherwise) thing you've done in your life, what would it be?

Once, when I was in sixth grade, I was skiing with my little brother. I was generally pretty mean to him growing up, for reasons I still don't even know, but this particular day I went way too far. We got off the lift and he said or did something I did not like, so I jabbed him in the head with my ski pole. It bled and bled, and the ski patrol had to load him on a sled and take him inside for first aid. The thing is, even when it happened, I knew that he hadn't done anything to deserve it. I have felt horrible about it ever since. And then, like a year ago, he brought it up! It isn't something we had ever discussed, and when he told his version of the story, I felt like such a bully. I know that I have felt like crap about it this entire time, but to hear that HE still feels like crap about it-that was really bad. I can't think of a single mean thing he has ever done to me, and I injured him for no reason at all. What a jerk!


2. What is your biggest WT food indulgence?

I love me a good nuked cheese samwich. Slap a slice of cheese on some white bread, nuke for 30 seconds, and eat while standing at the counter and staring at the wall. We didn't have a microwave growing up, so maybe that is why I covet this delicacy.

3. If you could be The Best at anything - ANYTHING - what would it be?

What a hard question! Because really, my only talent is the word jumble, and that hasn't come in handy yet. I think I might like to be the best writer. I love to write, but I am not any good at it. Wouldn't it be fantastic to rock at it? I would like to think that something I wrote changed someone somehow. Hopefully for the better. Or at least that I provided a nice distraction.

4. Would you rather be hotter or smarter?
Seriously, now.

Probably hotter. Smarter doesn't always get you farther in life, but hotter does.

5. What celebs are on your "Free Sex List"?
You know, the list of celebrities with whom, given the unlikely
opportunity, you could engage intimately without any negative
relationship consequences. Like, you can get with them and your husband
can't get pissed.

If I were to get into that situation I would be way too shy and awkward to do anything about it. In fact, I can feel my cheeks flushing just thinking about this. I am such a dork! Plus also, Kev is all the celebrity I have ever wanted.

Do you want to be next? If so, leave me a comment saying so. I will email you five questions. You will answer them on your blog without editing any of them, and you will link back to this post. And then, if anyone wants to be interviewed, you will continue the cycle. It's big fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment