Monday, February 15, 2010

Ravelympics 2010

I signed up to participate in the Ravelympics this year.

What, you ask, is the Ravelympics? Basically, you set a knitting goal for yourself. You cast on during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and must be completely finished by the end of the closing ceremonies. Most local yarn stores have teams. I am on my LYS's team.

I am competing in two events: eventhathalfpipe:



This will be a hat for Nora.


And eventwipdancing.



Eventwipdancing is where you complete a WIP, also known as a work in progress. I plan to complete my Central Park Hoodie.

That photo is what I have completed as of this morning. The back and the right front are done, and I have about an inch more of ribbing to do, plus the rest of the left front. And then I have the sleeves and the hood, plus the border thingy on the whole front of the sweater. I spent the opening ceremonies working on the right front and got almost all of it done then. Very gratifying.

The whole point of Ravelympics is to challenge yourself. I am not sure I can finish these projects in 17 days, but I am sure going to try! I sure would like to wear my hoodie before it gets too warm, around about July.


No comments:

Post a Comment