Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Chocolate Raspberry Birthday Cake

This week at Sunday dinner, we celebrated my big sister's birthday. I baked a white chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting and raspberry filling.





I wish I would have had time to throw some white chocolate curls and fresh raspberries on top. Or maybe some fresh flowers. That would have been pretty. Unfortunately, I started baking at 8:30am and didn't finish until 1pm. So let's just say it was a time consuming recipe, and I was glad to be done.




See how pretty though?

This is a very heavy cake, with very heavy frosting. It is lovely and delicious, but not for the faint of heart.

The recipe is here and I didn't make any real changes, other than adding the raspberry filling.

And now I am going to go run 18 miles to work off this cake, plus the red velvet cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment