Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Sewing

I haven't been crafting much lately, as we've spent all of our daylight moments outside. However, I have two things to show you today.



Here is a tote I made for our friend Miles for his third birthday. I actually sewed this in April, when I found this awesome robot and rocket fabric. Click on the photo to enlarge it so you can see the cool red fabric, too. Miles's birthday was a week and a half ago, so I couldn't post this until now. Didn't want to ruin the surprise in case he reads my blog.




On Monday, Nora went to swimming lessons and then we went to our friend Charity's house. She lives in a most convenient location. Get this-we walked up to my favorite fabric store, which is one block from her house! Charity was just as smitten as I am with all of the amazing fabrics. She picked out this adorable animal fabric for a tote for her 2 year-old, Josie. I used lime green thread for a bit of contrast. We plan to drop it off after swimming lessons today. I sure hope Josie likes it!




On a related note (sort of), I may have mentioned the heat of late. After spending our days swimming and playing in the sand next door, we are exhausted, starving and hot. I am having trouble coming up with dinners that are filling and appealing to the children but do not require the use of my oven. I can't stand to warm my house by even one degree. Last night we had eggs. The night before, we had tacos. The girls do not like barbecue, so that makes my life tricky this time of year. Please-if you have any ideas for hot weather meals that little girls enjoy, I would love to hear them. Oh, by the way, we are vegetarian. Or tofu snappers, as my father refers to us. I'll just be here, waiting for the advice to pour in...

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you waited to post because Miles DOES read your blog. He is a pure genius. Anyways - he loves the tote and calls it his rocketship bag.

    ReplyDelete