Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pajamas

I made myself a pair of pajama pants today.

I so rarely make anything for myself that this is pretty big news.

When I brought Dana to the fabric store last week to get a few fat quarters for her tote bag, I saw this owl fabric. I tried my best to convince her to have an owl tote bag, but she would have none of it. She wanted something purple. But this fabric-it was killing me. I totally fell for it and I could not, for the life of me, think of a way a grown woman could use owl fabric.The store owner suggested pajamas and I decided she is either the world's best salesperson or some type of genius. Heck, maybe both. Then she even found me a couple of patterns to choose from.

I modified the chosen pattern a tiny bit by adding some contrasting fabric to the cuffs. And then, because I really do not like to hem, I made myself some homemade bias tape (I think that's what it's called) out of owl fabric scraps, and sewed that below the yellow.



I love these pants so much!




I have to say they are kind of big. I was so excited to make them that I didn't read the size chart very thoroughly. But I just don't even care. If it starts to bug me, I will figure out how to make them smaller. But for now, I heart them.

Can you believe how much sewing I have been doing lately? Me neither! And you know what? I have not one but TWO more sewing projects in line. Actually, maybe even three. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have four. Now I am a little scared.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alissa, you really do have the sewing bug lately! I can't believe that I saw that fabric just last night (late) and you are already wearing them-super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Nora was home sick again and helped me pin and even stitch. Nice, quiet activities. She wants pjs for her doll from the leftovers but I don't know where to start with those. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete