Thursday, April 8, 2010

Belated Birthday Purse

Today is April 8. My sister's birthday was February 8. I have just now completed her gift. Shameful, considering I have had the fabric in my closet since November. And also considering that her birthday falls on February 8 every year.



I am really crossing my fingers that she likes it. I think the fabric is deliciously adorable. It's very narrow-wale corduroy, and the colors and prints are so sweet! I love owls and I love lollipop flowers. Hopefully my sister does, too.




I put a pocket on the outside, mainly to show off the contrast fabric. I am not sure what one would put in an exterior pocket with no fastener. Shopping list? Outgoing mail? Flask?

I also put little ties on it so she can adjust how cinched it is. And you can't really see it, but the button is shaped like a flower. It's really cute.




I put another pocket inside. I also used cotton webbing for the straps. This is the first time I have ever used pre-made purse straps. It saved a ton of time and they will wear much better than cotton fabric straps.

Since the purse is fully lined, it's reversible. So if my sister prefers the lollipop flowers to the owls, she can just turn the whole thing inside out. Fun!

I am going to run this down to her right now. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment