Monday, January 4, 2010

Fabric and Stuff


Red and green M&Ms have been replaced with these. We pulled down all of the Christmas stuff yesterday and I went on a cleaning frenzy, much like the rest of America. Someone climbed into our bed to snuggle around 6:00 this morning and I just could not fall back asleep. So right now, there are brownies cooling on the counter and muffins in the oven. Muffins made with strawberries and raspberries I picked in the heat of the summer. I needed a little reminder that it isn't always -3 degrees and that there isn't always ice on my bathroom window.




I bought this fabric in November so I could finally make myself a knitting bag. And it has sat in a bag in my closet ever since. This weekend, I pulled it out and pressed it. Then I went on a mad hunt for my tote bag pattern. I searched in every single location I may have possible stashed it and came up empty handed. The thing is, this "pattern" I speak of is nothing more than two sheets of graph paper with drawings and measurements on them. So it is conceivable that someone (i.e. me) recycled the whole works without realizing it.

It's OK though. I made a new pattern with some changes to make the thing more knitting-friendly. I am adding pockets inside to hold things like needles, tools, and a pattern. I am also adding a zipper on top. Hopefully I can sew this up this week, since the pieces are all cut out now.




My parents returned from Huahine last night. Kevin picked them up from the airport and when he got home, he threw these onto the couch next to me. I thought, at first glance, that they were pareos for me and the girls, but it suddenly dawned on me that there was a selvage edge! Fabric! Yay fabric! I am sorry to say that this may have contributed to my insomnia this morning, as I lay awake thinking of different things to use it for: a little lap quilt! Skirts! A bag! So I guess I'll think it over for a little while longer.




Also: vanilla beans! This I am thrilled about, too, as I am nearly halfway through the vanilla from last year. And since it takes 6 months to steep, I say it couldn't have arrived at a better time!

No comments:

Post a Comment